Labels

Friday, February 17, 2012

Of Course!

It humbles me completely. The idea of being a newbie (which I am 100%) irks me so much - that feeling drives me to work harder.
The above statement was taken from my daughter's blog. 

 At first  I wasn't sure   whether being irked by not knowing something is a product of being humbled; but after some consideration I think  there is truth in the statement.
I never thought that taking Bronze Swimming Lessons at age 33 with a group of fifteen year olds   as being anything but exhausting and dangerous, but I suppose it was humbling. 

 I never thought being enrolled in French Language Courses at the age of 37 anything but frightening , but  yes, I suppose it was  humbling. 

I do know that taking fiddle lessons for the first time a couple of years ago , with a 5 year old,  and a 13 year old in the same class, definitely became humbling  as well as irksome.
I like the idea of learning something totally new to expand my limited horizons so I embarked on a search on the World Wide Web    for interesting courses  and activities that might be available  on line . 

The possibilities seem endles and these are only a few that I found interesting.


Some might say the I would benefit from this as long as I took all 12 lessons.



Another possibility...



And on a different note  although I am thinking a little more equipment would be required.



The learning curve might be a bit steep in this case. 



 And of course there are always the more riske types to explore.


    I didn't know they actually named them...jeepers.
That has to be the weirdest cover /title combination ever!
I think I am  now actually TOTALLY confused....LOL!
If they were the crabs I first thought they were no WONDER they had  a  correspondence course on them..

Live like you are going to die tomorrow.
Learn like you are going to live forever.
                 ...anon         

1 comment:

  1. If I could find an instructor, I think I would like to be humbly irked by trying to learn to tap dance.

    ReplyDelete