Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Good Time




All is quiet.
 I never realized just how 'noisey' pain can be.  Even while sitting still and  in the ER yesterday it seemed that there was a wild  roar always in the background. When I think about it now that I am more comfortable,  I can sense a stillness and calmness that  perhaps comes from being relatively pain free.  Nice.

  Just my husband and myself in the house.  He up in the living room reading as he is want to do.  I am seconded onto the couch in the kitchen with telephone on one side, coffee on chair on the other,  laptop on top of lap.
 Office chair with wheels within grabbing distance, as are the bottles of pills of painkillers and anti-inflammatories.
 Tensor bandage adjusted, ice pack applied and  the required 'cozy factor' of being covered by  an old red crocheted blanket  is performing its duty of being responsible for at least 30% of the healing that needs to be done.

Through all this little bump in the road  my husband has been very good at helping, lifting, carrying, bringing, and coming at my beck and call.  I thanked him accordingly and he just accepted the thanks with a stoic look and mentioned that I am really fortunate that this happened in the winter.

I commented on what a sweet thing to say (believing that he was thinking that I won't  be missing out on any beautiful summer weather).

  The avid camper /fisherman  just looked at me blankly and said, " Yeah, it's a good thing this didn't happen in the summer or otherwise---
--- you'd have to be here by yourself."

                                   "Time discovers Truth"
                                               -Seneca

No comments:

Post a Comment