Labels

Monday, February 13, 2012

Dare to Dream B's Dreams



I have had several roommates during my lifetime.  For a few months there were six nineteen year olds living on the same floor of an apartment block.  Most  were from the same background as myself.   Young women coming to the city to start out their lives spending time---getting training, finding jobs, saving money for cars and travel, and , of course,   looking for boyfriends.

One of these roommates had an uncanny ability to talk about her dreams in such detail that it would make one wish that  you had been the one to experience such excitement and adventure...until the realization set in that 'No, this is only B's dream'.

  My but she could make it sound interesting--using different voices and actions to help animate the whole totally fabricated incident.  She would be exhausted after telling it--and sometimes even a bit angry or hurt at  various people for whatever they did to her in the plot of her dream.

  You never really knew if you were to apologize, or laugh,  or look suitably embarrassed  after her rendition of some slight you might have so totally (and I don't think this word will have ever been used more fittingly) INADVERTENTLY performed in her dream.

These  early morning  dream tales certainly gave something for one to think about on the long and boring bus ride to work.

I  myself had a wonderful dream last night.  Lacking the gift of B, I know that  no matter how I would try to portray it,  the joy I felt  could never be adequately described.  I not only held this person, but I could feel them and even smell their hair.  It was truly GLORIOUS.   

I wonder.. if I told B about the dream and she 'slept on it" then maybe ...just maybe I could relive it again through her interpretation? 
                                               ...probably not.

Probably not any more possible than the animals on television being able to hear the barking of our dog in the living room.... another untellable story  ....                                
                                                  ....perhaps.
                                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment