Labels

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Lost Has Not Been Found

I am looking for something.  I saw it about 3 months ago.  It  seems like 3 months ago anyways.  It was probably 6 months ago instead.  I did NOT throw it out.  I put it somewhere.  But wherever 'somewhere' is, it is nowhere to be found, and I have looked everywhere except wherever this item is.

I have looked in the last place it could be as well as the first place I thought where I might find it.  I have looked under and over.  I have even climbed upon a chair and perused the nether regions of the ledges atop of cupboards and china cabinets, as well as fridges and corner shelves. I have opened boxes and containers, and placed my hands between all sorts of things in my search. I have explored the entrance area, the den, the living room, both upstairs bedrooms, both bathrooms, the pantry shelves, and every cupboard and drawer in the kitchen.

The ironic part of all this is that I, as in a 'getting up there in years' pretty much computer illiterate older woman, can more easily find this item on the internet than I can find it in my own house. That just means to me that this item is truly and forever lost somewhere in the realms of items that have never been thrown away for the past several decades in compliance with the Dirty Thirties Philosophy that dominates most of my lifestyle choices.


What is really annoying is that without this item I cannot use another much larger, much easier to find item at all, and therefore, that item is rendered totally useless.  Although I probably won't throw this item away because I KNOW the other item is somewhere,  needing a new battery,  resting safely someplace in the shelter of my very modest, albeit crowded with 'things that we might someday need' articles. Articles that hopefully will be able to be found when needed and wanted. 




"Go to where it should be, and look there again.. only look harder"--advice from a friend--who doesn't really care one way or the other if I  ever do find what I am looking for.


1 comment: