Labels

Monday, January 23, 2012

Purses and Lipstick

Soooo...this is a blog eh?  I've heard about them, even read some..but never before have I had my own..

.Puts me in mind of when I finally was old enough to carry a purse but at the same time didn't have any money to put into it...let alone know exactly when and where one was supposed to put on the lipstick that was an obligatory part carrying a purse. Money and lipstick, and tissue in a purse meant being grown up--I had finally made IT in my mind..little did I know then that there is way more to money and lipstick than just being able to carry them around in a purse.  Nor had I realized how alike these two items are. 

Both can be spread around..either thick or thin with varing results.  Use too much / or too little of either of them and disaster can strike..staining and effecting your life forever..be it reputations or  relationships.

The more I think of it the rite of passage now probably isn't a purse with money and lipstick...it probably is one's first Debit card along with one of those new glossy lip pots.  Makes me wonder where people will keep their tissues after THEY have endured the trials of their modern modes of adulthood.

I lost that first beloved  purse at the theatre in Lemberg..I was about 10..(no there wasn't lipstick in it then)...hard to imagine that 'someone' hadn't found it now that I look with adult eyes at the size of  the  building.

So ...is this what a blog is supposed to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment