Labels

Thursday, January 26, 2012

PICK ME! PICK ME!

I just received an email  from a fitness magazine that stated that I have been SELECTED....and of course in order to find out what I have been selected for I have to click onto the web site and read the fine print after I have been exposed to pictures and colored print designed to entice me to become a regular paid subscriber.  This advertisement ploy is an old ruse to entice customers  that has been in use since commerce has began.  By making the target (would be customer) feel like they are special...they have been chosen...they are wanted... increases the chances that the customer  will pay for whatever goods and services that are offered.

Of course, I realize that this email has been sent far and wide to thousands of people ;   and by knowing that, I also realize that being selected in this case isn't really such an honour...not a big deal really. But to be truthful, it still made me feel just a little bit important,  a little bit better, a little bit more special to have even a mass email tell me that I had been selected. 

Am I that truthfully so needy? so pitiful? so lacking in self-esteem that a simple positive message from an obscure source could help boost my mood even for a few moments?  Apparently so..but just as apparently then are many other people or otherwise the mass email wouldn't even have been sent.

So what  point in  this selection discussion am I trying to make? I suppose it is just that it is to bring to light that everyone likes to be made to feel special.  Everyone likes to feel that they have been chosen or 'selected' like a piece of chocolate from the Pot O'Gold, for whatever reason, whether it is their skill, their personality, their innate  talent...




 



                        ...or maybe its just because of some of them are 

                                                                                   NUTS!

                                                                                                





No comments:

Post a Comment