Labels

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Stuff and Five Days

It has been five days since I have left the yard.  It has been five days since I have been in a vehicle moving or otherwise. Its been five days since I have been  in a store or post office,  saw or talked to another person besides my husband, or  gossiped on the phone (well nearly five days on that one).

Being in the same building for that long gives one a new perspective on one's surroundings and belongings. 
 I realize now that I probably will not have to buy any more towels, sheets, books, CDs, violin /piano/ mandolin music books, games, puzzles, dishes, beds, DVDs, radios, coats, mitts, tuques, scarves or  blankets or silverware for at least 20 years.
 My jewellery 'box' now consists of 3 large bread bags full of purchases from Ardene's and Lia Sophia...which seems a little ridiculous considering I only have one neck, and two ears and only two piercings.
 There is also about 15 pots of fingernail polish and 10 lipsticks in my make- up drawer... plenty enough for 20 toes and two lips..Botox or no Botox.

 The canned goods cupboard still can't hold all the merchandise .  These, I would like to say,  are  therefore stacked , very carefully by color and size on the top of the cupboard. 
I would like to say that but it would be a lie.
 Cans of  food and cases of Kraft Dinner  -- note the demarcation between food and KD--adorn the floor beside the cupboard.  There are two deep freezes--working and running--  full of meat, vegetables, and ice cream.


 Nor will I have to purchase  any cake/bread/meatloaf/ angel food cake/pizza/bundt pans, measuring cups, mixers (including whisks and wooden spoons), cookie sheets, tea pots, mixing /serving bowls,  or crystal anything ever again unless I decide to open a wilderness bakery school.


All this new knowledge has also made me realize  that I have really no reason  to ever go into the realm of malls, markets or merchandising parties.
My cup and/or cupboards truly do runneth over.

I have more than I need and probably more than I really want. 


 Thus today's query is thus: 


 Caution ..please read all  parts of the following words with care and due diligence..no 'sound shifting' or 'syllable missing antics permitted.


Am I a Hoarder? or  Am I a Haver?


The Hoffman Hovel



Hoarders and Havers have been horrendously harangued  and hassled by  hoards of hollering hillbilly hooters, therefore hastening the  hauling of huge heaps of havings by the Hoarders and Havers from their homes heaped on high with huge helpings of highly unhealthy heaps of 'have to have'  havings which have turned into hideous and horrible huge  hovels of  what some scientists refer to as humus (not hummus).

No comments:

Post a Comment