Labels

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Great Fun!

It was a crowded day at the Mall.  People were jostling, bells were ringing, cash registers chinging.  The food court was FULL. The sound of hundreds of inaudible conversations was deafening. 

I had already developed that warmth that comes from wearing too many layers of clothing inside a warm and crowded building.  My feet were starting to itch inside my boots.  My parcels were feeling heavier and heavier while my bank account was getting lighter and lighter. I was fading in terms of being a careful and discreet gift buyer.  I was almost at the end of my list of 'must gets' and my bus was due to leave within the hour.  It was now or never if I was going to be able to purchase those last few 'need to buys' as I wouldn't be back into the BIG city until at least the New Year.

My eyes were starting to glaze over as I tried for the umpteenth time to somehow ignore  that itchiness in the untouchable and unreachable spot in my back that just cannot be scratched through three layers of clothing in public, when I glanced  over the railing down to the floor below and spied what I really wanted the most and had never been able to get in 60 years of Christmases.

Immediately my senses were attuned as to the situation.  I surveyed the upper deck of the Mall and found the fastest way to the escalator down to the main floor.  Itchiness, fatigue, and financial boundaries were forgotten as I focused on the goal.  With quickness and the finesse of a deer jumping over a barbed wire fence I darted through the melee of shoppers who were walking in the opposite direction until I reached my longed for desire.

 I looked at my watch and pondered the time it would take to acquire my treasure, calculated the risk of missing the bus, and saw that there wasn't even a line up, the lack of which I took to be a Sign that IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

My heart panted with excitement and Joy! Joy! Joy! I took off my jacket, threw my purse and parcels to the floor and ran over to my sought after Objet d' Amour.  









He asked me if I had been a good girl...and I had to say


NO!



It was great fun!   

.



No comments:

Post a Comment