Labels

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Endometriosis

My friend Kelly Day has this post on her FaceBook page and she has allowed me to copy it and post it here.  If anyone wants more information or contact with Kelly..just make a comment expressing such and I will pass the information on to her.
 
 
March 4th-10th is Endometriosis Awareness Week. It's a month early, but I feel this is important to post as it affects the lives of millions of women globally, including me.

In a nutshell, endometriosis is a reproductive disorder that can... cause debilitating symptoms such as chronic pelvic pain, menstrual dysfunction, bladder and bowel dysfunction, infertility, food intolerance and allergies, fatigue, depression, and much more. It is a disease of unknown origin, though research indicates that both genetic and environmental factors play a role - areas with high pollution and dioxins have higher rates of endometriosis. It is treatable, but unfortunately considered 'incurable'.

This is of utmost important in my life, because for those of you who don't know, I was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 20 but have suffered with its symptoms as far back as 13. Since then, I have undergone 4 surgeries to correct it, including a sub-total hysterectomy. Despite good results, the disease continued to grow back after each surgery. I am thankful that through much sacrifice, persistence, faith, and some very supportive people, I am battling this disease day by day. Traditional Chinese Medicine, diet, meditation, and even my move to Vancouver Island have all helped to make my life better. However, I will be undertaking a 5th surgery at the end of this month as I continue to suffer. I hope it is my final surgery, but cannot say for sure.

This is not a message of pity, or of desolation, rather a message to bring awareness. If the women in your life do not suffer from this, be thankful and pray for their continued health. If they do, please be gentle with them.

Most importantly, in the coming weeks, be gentle with EVERY women you meet. I guarantee that some of them will be suffering more than you could possibly imagine.

If you or someone you know is battling endometriosis, feel free to contact me as I am very happy to share all I have learned in taking control of this disease.

In the interim, I wish health and happiness to all in my life. Thank you to those who have supported me through this.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment