Labels

Sunday, April 8, 2012

That's the Worst!

I just came across a Twitter Site that had people list "The Worst Feeling" and as I read the statements that ranged  from not being tall enough to do something to seeing someone you love cry, I realized that Worst Feelings don't seem to be the same from one minute to the next, even when the same person is responding.

Yes, I suspect if we all just think for a moment we can without a doubt see something in our mind's eye that has been the absolute 'worst' thing to happen ever.  I suspect just the thought of the 'worst' has conjured up some pretty close 'worst' things and perhaps even one has had to take a second or two to actually choose just what  indeed the 'worst' thing has been.

I know we can all discuss in infinite details the worst of many happenings and experiences relating to  such mundane facets of life as the worst  steak, kiss, marriage, job, shoes, television show and all the things in between.

I could discuss the waitress who told me I looked grouchy and how THAT became one of her worst waitress moments.  I could mention how the rubber bands holding my up grandmother's nylons failed , allowing  them  to fall down below her knees while standing on the  platform waiting for her daughter to come off the train. That was probably her worst travel experience. I could mention the worst first date with this guy who took me on a motorcycle ride for 3 hours and didn't even stop for coffee; but I won't , because I ended up marrying him.

 The term "Worst "used in the colloquial and somewhat careless manner can be for some,  a transient and an ever changing commodity, and if it isn't , then I suspect that in that instance Worst is truly that and condolences and sympathy are extended.




Something someone once said to me:

  Think of the three worst things that could have happened and if what you are worrying  about isn't one of them  then things will be OK.








What I'd really really like to know is this:





         Just What Is  WORSTED WOOL?

No comments:

Post a Comment