Labels

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bird's Eye View

Sometimes I think it would be great to be a bird--
flying here and there. Never seemingly to get cold even when it is minus 30 degrees. Swooping up and down. Spying and checking out various spots in the area for random food sources such as an abandoned dog dish, garbage bag left unattended, or  some juicy frozen (in the winter)/half cooked (in the summer) road kill.

Aside from the obvious dining advantages resulting from being able to fly, one could also glean much information regarding the habits and lifestyles of strangers as well as acquaintances within the variable unlimited limitations of free flight.

I think it would be 'flightfully' delightful this cold and blustery January day to be able to swoop down and peek randomly into the windows of  friends and neighbours.

 I could maybe see a friend as they sat and watched their favourite soap opera, or another as they played and cuddled with their newly wakened from a nap toddler with rosy cheeks and smiley disposition. Perhaps I would hear singing and music playing as someone prepares for their choir practice.  A few flight miles further  might allow me  to spy on a shut-in as they sit and read a card from a far away loved one. Still further I could watch a hairdresser busy cutting and shaping a client's hair with the skill and quickness of a seasoned professional.

If I approached a school yard right now I probably would see hundreds of colourfully dressed youngsters in parkas , mitts, and toques as they line up to climb onto exhaust spewing school buses for their respective rides home. 

I probably would see some office people at work sitting at a desk with a word processor, and still others idly talking on the phone discussing the weather, plans for the future, family activities, and future vacations to warmer climes.

Yes, sometimes  I think it would be nice to be a bird ...even if I did have to lay an egg once in a while, lose all my feathers, and live in a tree.
 I wouldn't have to worry about going to a dentist.  There wouldn't be any worry about going through security before a  flight. 

 There may be something really good about the fact that it is a rare bird that can 'peck' out any information on a keyboard especially if one keeps in mind  that age old saying that "a little birdie told me".  Those seemingly air borne innocents may know more than we like to think or even want to admit. 





I think I might just close my curtains now and get a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment