Labels

Thursday, January 3, 2013

This is CORNY!

So what did I do today?

I planted a garden*.

I planted beans, spinach, marigolds, snapdragons,  and baby tomatoes.

I planted them all in the flower pot that I got for Christmas. No rows, no raking, no stakes, no hoes (as in garden tool).

I used  packages of seeds that I had in my junk drawer for about 5 years.

I used dirt** that I bought  50% off about three years ago, which has been 'resting' in a bottom of a dresser. (In a bag..not just loose in the drawer.)

I put all the seeds from all the packets into the dirt..and stirred the dirt around..threw in some water and stirred again.
                          *Garden                      January 3, 2013

                                                  

                  I set the pot in a sun shady warm spot in the kitchen.

   ...and now I will wait.  You can too, if you want, as I will post pictures as the garden progresses until harvest ( if there is one).

                                          January 13, 2013



**I have a real problem buying dirt as I live in an area that has about 3 to 4 feet of the blackest, richest, most fertile soil on the planet , not to mention whatever can be found in every corner, floor, cupboard, and closet in my house. I might have miscalculated the amount of dirt needed  but it will have to do as it is not easy to get anymore with everything frozen for about 3 feet, and it will be surprising to see any for sale  at our small town hardware store before Ukrainian Christmas is over.

A shallow garden it shall be and as thus the saying goes:



                                              * January 23, 2013

"Root gardens run deep, leaf gardens have no depth."



It would be Corny -- if I had had some old seeds left in the cupboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment