Labels

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Know You Want To...

Thanks be to God that tears are silent and that they make no noise, no crashing or squishing as they roll out and down.  They aren't even coloured.  They give off no odor nor do they leave a mark after they dry.

It would be a strange world to be able to see their traces on people's faces as they walked down the street, or into work or school with tear stained cheeks full of colours perhaps like purple or even brown, or some other  combination of that would have to wear off instead of being washed off.  It would even be more interesting if they fell in patterns that revealed the emotion that triggered their being generated such as circles for regret, squares for love lost, spirals for a mournful and painful episode, and trapazoids perhaps for a combination of gratitude and happiness.

I wonder if tears did make a noise as they welled up and spilled over, would they make a  crunching sound like a snow ball being rolled on a crisp winter's day or more like the incessant urgency of a pot of boiling liquid?

If they smelled, I bet they would smell like the hot tar on a parking lot at a beach in July.  What if they were as sticky on the cheeks as that tar is on the toes?

The absence of colour, sound, and smell of those liquid drops of human emotion only assures me that we all have had them and will have them again.

It must also mean that it is really  okay to shed some tears--privately or not--without having to explain or be ashamed. 

So..go ahead..do it.

I know you want to. 

I know I do.








 
 
I cried and cried and cried when I watched this movie.  :( :(:(
 

No comments:

Post a Comment