Labels

Monday, October 12, 2015

Library of Love


Assignment 2

I wasn’t planning on this. Falling in love with you was the last thing I wanted. Because I know our time would have to come to end. Yet, here I am, begging you not to turn the page.” Who is the speaker and who is the speaker talking to? Finish the scene.



"I wasn't planning on this. Falling in love with you was the last thing I wanted.  Because I know our time would have to come to end.  Yet, here I am, begging you not to turn the page." She whispered softly. Her breath hot on his gilded leather jacket.

"Must I illustrate to you the danger of this relationship? You know  I must finish this.  It isn't right to any of those involved.  I am being sought.  This chapter must end."

"Please no.  I beg of you.  We could make it work." she persisted as she held him close. .

He  shrugged her cloying fingers from  his supple spine and turned away as he stared up at the shelves on the far wall.

"My future is not here but in higher places.  I cannot go on any longer."

"But my darling, we have kept away from prying eyes for so long now.  I have carried you close to my soul for weeks. Please let us keep this chapter going." , she said as she stroked  the cover of his jacket. 

Resolutely he pulled away.  "You are tearing me apart!  Please stop!"

"It is your Title isn't it?  You worry about your Title!"

He slipped out of his jacket  and fell to the floor.

 Finally  he was away from her grasp. 

"Read my lips." he shouted.  "It is finished.  It is THE END."

There was only a quiet hush. 

A pause.

 A sigh. 

And then she helped him up and gently placed him back in the  library -- three shelves up.

Ivanhoe  was finished . 

She would never touch him again.  The book was closed.  The chapter ended.

After a few moments she glanced along the rows of books and she saw  an interesting title and reached out.

"Perhaps ...this time." she thought as she gently placed her long and delicate fingers around the cover. As she slowly and lovingly pried the pages open  she sat down on the window seat where the morning sun highlighted her glowing face as her rosebud lips repeated the title over and over and over...

."..Tom Sawyer....Tom Sawyer."

No comments:

Post a Comment