Labels

Saturday, April 13, 2013

An Open Letter to Rachel Anne

An open letter to my long missed and absent daughter, mom to my first and only grandchild (as far as I am aware), who is dearly thought of and sorely longed for,

It has been almost five years since we have had much contact other than those few times that were too short and too strained to be considered any real contact other than visual and a cursory acknowledgment of our been in the same room physically.

I know you must have some pretty valid reasons for why we have not heard from you and I just wanted you to know that I know for a fact that   there have been without a doubt things that I have done to contribute to your decision to not include myself or your dad in your life.   I know there are many things we could have and should have done differently and better.  I know that I made some bad  choices in parenting and I truly truly apologize for the hurts that I have caused you in the past.

This letter is my way of openly and publicly acknowledging that you were wronged and that I was, as your Mom,  responsible for wrongs done to you and I am publicly asking and hoping  that you may find it in your heart to help me make amends to you for the hurts and wrongs that I have caused to happen to you so that we may slowly and safely resume our relationship in a new way and form.

Much love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment