Labels

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Get My Goat!

There is just something about some people (men) that they (men) do not make good caregivers when one is laid up.
Sure they (men) are willing to help..but they (men) just don't understand or have the foresight to anticipate real needs.
They (men) will say they are ready to help.  They (men) ask the right question, "What do you need?". But when one is in pain,  one doesn't really know what one needs.   I did ask for my knee medications and received them.  I did ask for coffee and received some.  I did ask for a tensor bandage and ice, and both were brought in a quick and timely manner.
   I also did not ask for a pillow for my shoulder, neck, and head , and thus, I did not receive one.  Nor do I have a blanket, telephone, or book to read, all apparently because I did not express my need for such.

It is curious to note that I did not ask to be left alone in the house for 2 hours at a time, but I have been.
This puts me in mind of when we (I)  had 5 goats to milk.  I was worried that if I were ill there would be no one to go to the barn who could milk the animals as I was the only one who knew how.   I suggested that there should be at least one other in the family who should learn how to milk.
 



Relief and appreciation flowed as the quick and ready response to my lamentation was , " Don't you worry about milking the goats if you get sick." This  positive feeling  was  just as  quickly squelched with a gentle pat on the shoulder and the following addendum,

"Yep. If you are ever so ill that you can't go to the barn to milk goats, I'll just bring them here to the house."

No comments:

Post a Comment