Labels

Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Bad

 I live in an area of the world where seasonal weather changes are as precise and drastic as it gets on this planet.  It is a place where it can be 30+ C above one part of the year - where if you did not have access to moving air and water you would expire within 30 minutes. 

It is also a place where 6 months later it can be
-30C where if you were exposed to any type of wind or water you would expire within 10 minutes if your body was not sufficiently covered, and even then after 20 minutes under the right wind and temperature conditions, you would have a hard time not succumbing to the elements.


I find that this continuous bombardment of cold temperature, blowing snow, shoveling, and daily dangers to health and extraneous limbs a time that stirs a strange hunger and yearning for law defying risk taking, along with the  ultimate chastisement from power figures that results in the exhibiting of the  rebel within my soul. 

No , I do not drive fast on icy roads.

No, I do not risk leaving the yard without candle and matches in the vehicle. 

No, I do not steal away randomly into stormy blizzards. I always have my cell phone fully charged. I always let people know when I am leaving and where I am going and when to expect me whenever I venture out for the upwards of 5 winter months we experience. 

No, I do not see how far I can walk one way across the snow laden field just to see if I can get back before my hands/ feet fall off in icy chunks.

  What is this evil torment that grips my being every winter that defies authority and reveals a certain weakness of character and moral uprightness coupled with  a certain saucy daring that spits in the eye of justice and social order?


I must now ask the reader to pause before reading further and consider  this writer with compassion and some understanding as I share this  obvious flaw of moral fibre, character lack and indeed, blatant disregard for ultimate world safety.
 
This is the source of the marring of my public esteem,  the stain upon my soul, and the searing scar  that can no longer be hidden from the world:



 It is that I cannot  resist the thrill of pure juvenile and irredeemable 'BADNESS' that runs down my spine as I  sit on my  stiff 'ice block like' car seat in my frigid  vehicle that spews  gaseous vapour  that rises at a right angle from the exhaust pipe while the temperature gauge slowly oh so slowly climbs from the left hand side of the gauge to the middle, all while I stare defiantly and full faced  for 10 minutes at the sign in the government parking lot that proclaims:


 
 
 
                         





 

1 comment: